Quad Cities Generating Station

Nuclear: An Ideal Foundation for Our Clean Energy Future

Quad Cities Generating Station's two nuclear reactors can generate approximately 1,870 megawatts (MW) of zero-emissions energy, enough carbon-free electricity to power more than one million homes. The site, in Cordova, Illinois, is also home to the only privately owned fish hatchery on the Mississippi River and has raised and released millions of healthy fish. Constellation owns 75 percent of Quad Cities and operates the plant, and MidAmerican Holdings owns the remaining 25 percent share.

U.S. nuclear energy facilities are initially licensed to operate for 40 years and a Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) rule allows licensees to apply for extensions of up to 20 years after the initial 40-year term. Constellation submitted a license renewal application for this facility to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), which was approved on October 28, 2004. With license renewal complete, Quad Cities Generating Station Units 1 and 2 are licensed through 2032.

Safety is Constellation’s first and most critical obligation. Nuclear power plants are among the best-protected private sector facilities in America, with monitoring and inspections by plant owners, local officials, and the federal government.

Learn more to learn more about the measures that we take to keep our employees, customers, and communities safe. 

We have been part of the Quad Cities community for over four decades. We provide hundreds of well-paying jobs and millions of dollars in economic support, including about $8 million in taxes annually for schools, roads, and other public services.

U.S. nuclear energy facilities are initially licensed to operate for 40 years and a Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) rule allows licensees to apply for extensions of up to 20 years after the initial 40-year term. Constellation submitted a license renewal application for this facility to the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC), which was approved on October 28, 2004. With license renewal complete, Quad Cities Generating Station Units 1 and 2 are licensed through 2032.

Safety is Constellation’s first and most critical obligation. Nuclear power plants are among the best-protected private sector facilities in America, with monitoring and inspections by plant owners, local officials, and the federal government.

Learn more to learn more about the measures that we take to keep our employees, customers, and communities safe. 

We have been part of the Quad Cities community for over four decades. We provide hundreds of well-paying jobs and millions of dollars in economic support, including about $8 million in taxes annually for schools, roads, and other public services.