Job Candidate Privacy Notice
Effective January 1, 2023
Please click here for a printable PDF version of this Notice.
This Privacy Notice ("Notice") explains how Constellation Energy Corporation ("Constellation") collects, uses, and shares your information when you apply for employment with Constellation. Residential business customers and general website visitors should view Constellation's general Privacy Notice available at constellation.com.
We may change this Notice at any time by posting a revised version on our website. Any changes will be immediately effective upon the posting of the updated Notice. Please regularly check this Notice for any such updates.
The Notice explains:
- The Information Constellation Collects
- How Constellation Uses Job Candidate Information
- How Constellation Shares Information
- Information Choices
- Special Information For California Residents
- Contact Us
A. The Information Constellation Collects
We may collect certain information from and about you in order to evaluate and process your application. This information may include:
- Information you give Constellation: This includes contact information (i.e. name, telephone number, physical address, email, and other contact details); previous work experience, education, skills, and other qualifications; professional and other work-related licenses, permits and certifications; work authorization status; information relating to references; information from social media sites if you choose to link your application to a social media; and any other information you elect to provide to us. We may also ask you to provide certain information that we use to further our goal of maintaining a diverse workforce, or to comply with laws, such as information about your race, ethnicity, gender, veteran status, or whether you have a disability. As described in the application process, you are not required to provide this information.
- Information obtained from third parties: We may obtain information about you from platforms used to collect application information, recruiters, references, and former employers. We may use background check services to collect additional information, subject to consent, which we will request during the process of evaluating your application. If you submit an application through a third-party job posting services, please be advised that we do not control the privacy practices of these services. Please review their privacy policies carefully prior to providing application information.
B. How Constellation Uses Job Candidate Information
We may use your information for any of the following purposes:
- To conduct our hiring process: To evaluate your qualifications for the job you applied for or future jobs that may match your profile, and to communicate with you regarding your job application or other inquiries and requests.
- To evaluate the effectiveness of our hiring practices: To support our efforts to create and maintain a diverse workforce or otherwise analyze our practices.
- Comply with legal and regulatory obligations: To comply with our regulatory requirements or in connection with inquiries from regulators, law enforcement agencies, or parties involved in litigation, in each case anywhere in the world.
C. How Constellation Shares Information
We may share your information as follows:
- With service providers to perform functions on our behalf, such as auditing and accounting, professional services, measurement and analytics services, security and fraud prevention, maintenance, and hosting of our Services, and IT.
- When required by law, such as in response to or in compliance with court or regulatory agency orders, legal proceedings, or legal processes; to exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims or demands; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
- To prevent harm and as necessary to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person.
- As part of a business transaction with another entity or its affiliates or service providers in connection with a contemplated or actual merger, acquisition, consolidation, change of control, or sale of all or a portion of our assets or if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation.
D. Information Choices
You can access your candidate account at any time to view or correct certain information of yours in our possession and which is associated with your account.
E. Special Information for California Residents
If you are a California resident, you have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA") to receive notice of the categories of personal information we collect, the purposes for which those categories of personal information will be used, and how we determine the length of time for which the personal information is maintained.
Collection, Use, and Retention - Job Candidates
We collect personal information subject to the CCPA when we receive an application from a candidate located in California.
California law requires us to provide information regarding the criteria we use to determine the length of time for which we retain personal information. Information processed in connection with job applications is retained for a reasonable period of time following completion of the evaluation process due to legal requirements and to allow us to analyze and improve our recruitment processes. If you receive and accept an offer of employment, we may retain your application materials as part of your employee records.
We utilize the following criteria to determine the length of time for which we retain job application information:
- The business purposes for which the information is used, and the length of time for which the information is required to achieve those purposes;
- Whether we are required to retain the information type in order to comply with legal obligations or contractual commitments, to defend against potential legal claims, or as otherwise necessary to investigate theft or other activities potentially in violation of Constellation’s policies and procedures applicable to you or against the law, to ensure a secure online environment, or to protect health and safety;
- The privacy impact of ongoing retention on the consumer; and
- The manner in which information is maintained and flows through our systems, and how best to manage the lifecycle of information in light of the volume and complexity of the systems in our infrastructure.
All retention criteria are applied similarly to all categories listed below.
The following chart describes our practices with regard to the collection and use of personal information. We use categories to describe the information we process that are listed in the CCPA. Certain personal information may fall into multiple categories. Some of the categories include very different types of information. As a result, how we use and how long we keep the information within each category will vary.
The examples of personal information listed below are illustrative and do not represent a complete description of the information we process.
Name, email address, telephone number, address
Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)); Sensitive personal information
Name, signature, social security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, education, employment, employment history, medical information
Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law; Sensitive personal information
Age (40 years or older), national origin, marital status, gender, veteran or military status
Internet or other similar network activity
Device ID, browsing history, search history, and information regarding your interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement
Institutions attended, degrees obtained, and courses taken
Video taken by security cameras if you visit Constellation's offices
Inferences drawn from other information
Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
Constellation does not collect the following categories listed in the CCPA: commercial information, biometric information, or geolocation data.
Sale and Sharing
The CCPA also requires us to list the categories of third parties to whom we “sell” or “share” personal information. Under the CCPA, a business “sells” personal information when it discloses personal information to a company for monetary or other benefit. We are required to list entities to whom we disclose information to conduct activities on our behalf, as described in Section C above. These entities are restricted from using personal information for any purpose that is not related to our engagement.
As a California resident, you have the right to request access to personal information collected about you and information regarding the source of that personal information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with whom we share it. You also have the right to request we correct inaccurate information, and to request in certain circumstances that we delete personal information that we have collected directly from you. You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights.
You may submit a request to exercise your right to access, correct, or delete your personal information through one of the following means:
- By completing the form available here
- By calling us at 1-844-636-3749
We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response. Upon submission of your request, we will contact you (via the email address provided in your request) with instructions on how to verify the request, after which we will check our records for matching information, and aim to complete requests as soon as reasonably practicable and consistent with any applicable laws. You may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf through these means.
You may opt out of the sale of sharing of personal information to third parties via the means identified in Information Choices of our Privacy Notice. You also have the right to request that we limit use of your sensitive personal information to certain purposes allowed by law. However, we do not use sensitive personal information in any way for which you would be afforded this right.
F. Contact Us
For questions or concerns about this Notice, please contact WebAgent@constellation.com.