The Foundation for Our Clean Energy Future
Nuclear power is an essential part of carbon-free solutions to combat climate change. Here’s why.
- Carbon-free: Nuclear power provides carbon-free electricity and a continuous power supply, even in extreme weather conditions.
- Reliable balancing: Nuclear power contributes to grid balancing and management to ensure a stable and reliable energy system.
- Variable renewables: Nuclear power can support higher deployment of variable wind and solar generation without the need for backup capacity from fossil fuel generation.
- License renewals: Second license renewals of nuclear plants will extend carbon-free production to 80-years— more than three times the useful life of renewables and twice the useful life of coal.
- Clean Energy Centers: Is where one or more clean, carbon-free power generation resources may be co-located with customer load to accelerate the transition to a carbon-free future.
Continue reading to learn more about the value of Constellation’s industry-leading nuclear fleet.