The Foundation for Our Clean Energy Future
Nuclear power is an essential part of carbon-free solutions to combat climate change. Here’s why.
- Carbon-free: Nuclear power provides carbon-free electricity and a continuous power supply, even in extreme weather conditions.
- Reliable balancing: Nuclear power contributes to grid balancing and management to ensure a stable and reliable energy system.
- Variable renewables: Nuclear power can support higher deployment of variable wind and solar generation without the need for backup capacity from fossil fuel generation.
- License renewals: Second license renewals of nuclear plants will extend carbon-free production to 80-years— more than three times the useful life of renewables and twice the useful life of coal.
- Clean Energy Centers: A number of our world-class nuclear plants have plans to transition to clean energy centers that will support decarbonization of other sectors through efforts such as production of clean hydrogen and development of direct air capture technology.
Continue reading to learn more about the value of Constellation’s industry-leading nuclear fleet.